The Off Topic

These articles from Benchmark are great. Insightful and written in a way that even I can understand.

The article on distortion was particularly worth reading. It pointed out that piano can be a great way to listen for distortion and timbre. I’ve been doing just that and learning just how deficient some of my recent EQ tunings are :disappointed_relieved:

I’m disappointed I missed this rich and informative topic. I must have been asleep at the wheel. I love the Stephen Stills-Peter Tork Monkees trivia. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love it when I am wasting time and find something great.

http://toastytech.com/guis/uirant.html

The author has opinions… I’m typing this on my iPad. I’m sure that Apple Spellcheck would correct him.

The really sad thing about this link…the basic mentality is consistent with our State Office staff. If there’s an illogical, inconsistent, system hogging process, they think they’ve just developed a better mouse trap, and now we’re forced to use it.

It’s seen everywhere. I found the link when I was looking for info about Microsoft Bob. That led to the writer’s comments on Windows 8, in which he thought that MS might not have considered the page I pointed to as sarcasm, and used it in their design.

Even though it’s clearly dated, I particularly like the part about help files on error message boxes that link to the identical text on the error message box… .

I also suggest to him regarding “save as” dialog boxes:
Save without vowels? Y N (Saves space - svs spc)

Save without consonants? Y N (removes excess information - eoe ee ioaio)

Is that the same as “Translate to Welsh”?

Man, another 90s music rock star died/commited suicide. RIP Mr Firestarter.

I wish I had seen them live in their time.

Was just reading about this…sad.

Listened to The Fat of the Land this morning in memorial.

As did I as well as Voodoo People