STAX Ltd

stax

STAX was founded in 1938, and in 1959, STAX developed the world’s first electrostatic headphone - introducing the SR-1 in 1960. Today STAX continues their tradition by offering the finest headphones for both professional and audiophile applications.

STAX refers to all its headphones “EARSPEAKERS”; such Ultra-High Fidelity devices for reproducing music can only be compared with the best cost-no-object loudspeakers, not other headphones. The term ”EARSPEAKER” is, therefore, more descriptive of STAX’s contribution to today’s most advanced level of sonic transduction.

This is the thread to discuss the STAX brand and general STAX products.

Since the purpose of the “Headphone/DAC/DAC/Amp Brands” is for individual, specific brand topics, I’ve moved the previous “STAX Discussion for STAX and Other Electrostatics” thread to the “General Headphone Discussion” category.

Stax also made an impressive electrostatic LOUDSPEAKER at one time. They had very robust frames, which helps in planar designs.

I got to hear them at a high end dealer, but never really had a chance to properly listen. Out of my price range.