New HiFiman headphone announced at Munich 2018. The Ananda

munich-high-end-2018
hifiman

Not a ton of details yet but it is being shown off at the Munich High-End Audio show so I would suspect to see impressions and details come in over the next couple of days. Unless you can read Russian https://era-in-ear.com/news/vnezapno-hifiman-ananda-siurpriz-kotorogo-ne-ozhidali (or you can google translate it for some excellent amusement)

Looks like it will MSRP around $1000 USD.

Looks like a replacement for the he560 since hifiman just updated the he400i

The Sundara is the 560 replacement. This is going to be the update/upgrade to the HEX.

Just ordered another new HIFIMan model, the HE-6se…My headphone amp is a little weak output wise, so I’ll be using my AVR Zone 2 as the amp

I bet those new HE6se sound great. You’ll have to let us know if they live up to the hype.

-Paul-

Oh yuk, what a disappointment then

Haven’t been amazed with the Sundara from when I’ve heard it. Not a bad can at all but sounds more like a HE 4__ _ replacement than anything

The HE-6se is a great sounding and comfortable set of headphones. I can listen to them for hours without fatigue, They do take a powerful headphone amp, or a direct out from the amp speaker connection. They are my favorite pair of headphones (other pairs are Senn HD800, HD700). My Headphone amps are Schiit Mjolnir2, and speaker connection output to balanced jack from my Anthem MRX 720 AVR in Zone 2. Once I get some specialized octal to noval tube socket adapters and some more powerful output tubes (converting 1626 to 12B4A), I’m going to try the HE-6se with my new Kenzie Encore amp (single ended). You need about 2 watts to run the HE-6se; the upgraded output would put me at close to 1.5w output.

I’ve been writing up a review for these, I like em, they aren’t as rolled off as the HEX.

Look forward to reading your review. I haven’t even heard them yet!