Intros: If you just joined the community this is the spot to introduce yourself

New here from Vancouver. I’m Resolve on SBAF and Spandy87 on Head-fi. I do headphone and equipment reviews at Resolve Reviews on youtube (I won’t link for fear of self-promotion guidelines).

My current daily drivers are the ZMF Auteur, AFO, Andromeda, and Nightowl off a Cayin IHA-6 and an iDSD Micro BL. I also have a Schiit stack and a hifiman tube amp that don’t get any use haha.

I’m looking for an opportunity to do more reviews, but of course this hobby gets expensive, so I’m hopeful to get into some loaner programs to keep creating videos and writing content.

Hi @Resolve. Nice to see you joining here. I guarantee you this place is different than that one thread on Head-Fi. lol.

For more information on the Community and the Loaner Program, you can review this link: Welcome to The HEADPHONE Community - READ FIRST

Hi @chopstix and welcome. Hope you enjoy this forum. It’s very friendly and there are some really helpful people around. Enjoy.

I agree head-fi is a great place to learn and pick up information. It has very comprehensive threads and forums on very specific pieces of gear and equipment and is a real help to the community. Though it does have its quirks. As of course we all do.:grin:

Hi @Resolve and welcome. You’ve some nice gear. And of course I can definitely agree what an expensive hobby it can be. I will try catch one of your reviews. Hope you enjoy yourself.

thanks bud…i’m just getting back into cans and dacs/amps.
so it will be interesting what i end up with.
audeze lcd2c…or focal clear or zmf auteur (too bad one can’t hear the zfm in person however)

just picked up a set of audeze lcd2c cans…will pair the with my mojo…will be interesting in what the synergy will be like

Hi everyone! New user here and looking forward to getting to know this community. I’ve recently purchased the Focal Elegia and am excited to give it a listen. I’ve been looking for a better closed back all rounder and narrowed down my selection between the Fostex TH-610, Audeze LCD2 closed back, and the Focal Elegia. The Focal Clear has been a great audition but I need a closed back option for the time being. The Elegia it is!

I’ve owned several Fostex variants including the TH-900 (disagreeable, uneven treble for me) and mahogany X00, several Ultrasone’s including the 500, 900, and Signature DJ’s (still own), and the Shure 1540’s. My current go to IEM’s are the Noble Audio Dulce Bass.

Anyhow, happy to post here and get involved.

Cheers!

Welcome!

A few of us own the Elegia on this board. I’ve been very happy with my purchase. I also own the Focal Elex too.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Focal Elegia - Closed Back Headphones - Official Thread

@TwoScoopz
Welcome to you Jamie. I hope you find as much fun and mellowness as I have it this forum. Looking forward to the Scoopz of Flavors you will have to offer us.

thumbsup

Hahaha, thanks! The nick name came from asking for two scoops of mashed potatoes and gravy during college. It stuck. Added the ‘z’ for coolness points. :crazy_face:

Thanks for the warm welcoming.

Cheers!

Welcome @TwoScoopz hope you enjoy your time here.

L33t talker too huh…I don’t know about this guy anymore fellows!! :wink:

Hi, I am from the Bay Area and cycle through EarPods because they don’t last long. I love high quality music and want a good set of cans and iem but I’m not sure what a good fit for me would be.

I’ve tried beats iems and cans from friends (which I hate). I never liked the bass punch. It’s annoying.

I’ve also tried the Bose QC35 and although they are very comfortable with good nosie canceling; the quality is subpar.

I want to listen to music and hear the vocals and all the instruments. Everything feels so compressed and I find myself only being ok when listening to songs that have just a few instruments. I’m not sure if the compression is normal because I listen though AppleMusic on my iPhone.

Nice to meet everyone!!!

Hi @Soundwing! Hope you enjoy the stay. There’s a lot of good headphone options that don’t have “that bass punch” but you’re more than likely not going to find them in a chain brick & mortar store.

There’s plenty of content already in here with different models and list, but sounds like you want something with some instrument separation, soundstage width (as we call it), and a more neutral bass sound signature, which lucky for you, many people here seem to enjoy too – though there’s always some fun times with bass cannons too!

If you have a budget, some music interests, we all can probably help you with some items to check out.

Welcome to you @soundwing. Glad to have you aboard.
@antdroid nailed it. Before suggestions can be made budget is important since there is huge selection of iems. There are many on this forum who’s experience will be of great assistance to you if they get low to high $$$ you want to spend. Also the wealth of knowledge and experience will be able to tell you how many lower price iems are way better than some of the expensive one. Have fun and share your experience with us as we will with you. We are all here to learn and share.
There are so many forums out there. Having been a member of many of them for many years… We are laid back, helpful and most always not critical of anyones journey in their music and gear.

So welcome again to the “best” headphone community.

headphones%20(1)%20(1)

Hi @Soundwin, welcome. Just as a side note don’t forget that the quality of the recording and source will impact the sound too. As always try to get the best quality recording/bitrate/file type that you can. Then you can really get your chosen headphones or iem’s rocking.:grin: