Hifiman Arya

hifiman

Anyone have any experience with these? Currently own an Edition X V2 and it’s one of my favorites!

Wondering if anyone here has some impressions or thoughts they could share.

0 Likes

I wrote a bit about them here: https://www.headphone.com/blogs/news/canjam-at-rmaf-2018-impressions

1 Like

Was the Arya considered the replacement to the Edition X? I get so confused looking at hifiman’s lineup these days.

0 Likes

I believe so, they align more with the Edition X V1 in price than anything else. The Ananda is priced a bit higher than the HE560 originally cost so if I had to guess the Arya is the true HEX replacement.

1 Like

I’m excited to receive mine! I liked the HeX V2 more so than the Ananda

0 Likes

I’ve had a decent amount of time with the Arya and I must say they are nothing short of amazing. If anyone has any questions I can help and answer them.

I had upgraded my HeX V2 to the Arya and had the Ananda on loaner for a few weeks. The HeX V2 was my favorite headphone for a while but it had it’s own faults as did the Ananda. The Arya however captures everything I wanted in the HeX and improves on it by a considerable margin.

While the HeX felt sometimes veiled and somewhat too laidback, the Ananda was too shouty and the treble too peaky.

The Arya is perfect. Increase the detail and resolution on the HeX and what you get is essentially the Arya.

4 Likes

Have you listened to sundara or HE560? Would be interested in how they compare.

2 Likes

I owned the He560 a few years back. In fact that was my first ‘high end’ headphone. Before that I had a Senn 598 and Audio Technica M50x and various other skullcandys and klipschs

I loved the He560 and at the moment it is definitely one of the best performing headphones at it’s current price. However, as I went deeper into the world of Hifi, I started noticing things I didn’t like about the 560. Now again, I haven’t heard these headphones in over 2 years, so I can’t really give an accurate comparison. From what I remember, it lacked bass impact and had a thin sound probably attributed to a peak in the high mids/treble. At times it would get sibilant on me, but I was also running that off a mani/magni 2 which I find accentuated that characteristic. I also found the mids a bit thin.

Compared to the 560, the Arya has excellent bass presence. It’s not overdone at all. The HeX sometimes made me feel that the bass was too much, but the Arya’s bass is excellent. Well detailed with good impact and rumble. The treble is energetic but never reaching the point of sibilance. Very well extended and detailed, yet smooth. As for the mids, they just sound fuller. There is no hollow effect that I can generalize the he560 as having.

There is a lot to like on this headphone. It just sounds right. A slight tilt to the warmer side of neutral which gives notes a good weight. At the same time, it’s spacious and lets vocals breath with air.

2 Likes