Campfire Audio Andromeda in-ear Headphones - Official Thread

campfire-audio

I got to try the Andromeda S (polished stainless steel) a couple days ago. They sounded really nice though maybe just a tad bassier than I like. Im grasping at straws too as it sounded really good but I’m sure the regular Andromeda would fit my needs just perfectly.

3 Likes

I’ll trade you my beat up green Andros for your fancy steel ones :wink: lol

I use spiral dots with mine also and find them to be my favorite tips so far

1 Like

Hah they weren’t mine. It was a HeadFier who wanted to listen to the RHA CL2 planar iems. He let me try to AndroS and the Atlas. Those Atlas IEMs will knock you out with their bass punch. Holy smokes.

My new shiny IEM is the Kanas Pro, which is much much cheaper than Andromeda heh

4 Likes

Nice! in all honesty, I don’t think I could give up the Andromeda at this point, I bought them used but have added my own patina to them with use, and I really like the sound signature, they are my primary IEMs…I really like the 64Audio stuff but can’t justify the price for how little I use IEMs. Now fun under $100 IEMs those can be purchased for fun, and as gifts for friends and family later on.

2 Likes

The AndroS is more bassy that I too had hoped. I came from sampling the CK White variant, whose trebles are so breathy and spacious. I’m pretty sure I’d swap for a set of white. Regardless, S is a damned good all rounder.

I can’t thank you enough for meeting up. I really dodged a bullet by getting to try the CL2 before I went and did something so brazen as sell my sparklies for them.

Still have Kanas Pro on my radar. So much smooth beauty in their sound. Perfectly pleasant.

3 Likes

I didn’t understand that the different colours had different signatures. Good to know.

1 Like

Yeah, man-- I just look at patina as a beautiful record of use. It’s like selvedge in your ear.

1 Like

What model are you having issues with?:
CA Andromeda

Describe your issue with the most detail you can:
Hello,

I recently purchased an andromeda and really digging the sound (maybe a future review after I spend a good amount of time with them), but I still haven’t found “the one” that fits my ears perfectly without ruining the sound.

So out of the ones that were provided, I prefer the sound of the small marshmallow tips, but can’t seem to get proper depth inside my ears.

Some of the silicone tips fit slightly better but it either sound base anemic or makes the treble too sharp for my music.

Would love to hear which tips worked for you and gladly take recommendations to try :slight_smile:

I usually use S size in IEM tips

Thanks in advance :blush:

How long ago was it purchased?:
a week ago

3 Likes

I use Spiral Dots with majority of my IEMs, I know a lot of people really enjoy the Spinfits, but I couldn’t get those to work right for me. Where the Spiral Dots just seem to work great, and have a large bore size so they don’t get in the way of the drivers.

3 Likes

I’ll try the Spiral dots, thanks! :smiley:

1 Like

I am a foam man myself. With the shorter bore iem’s its sometimes good to try large foams and let them sit in the outer ear if you can get a seal. At least try before you give up anyway. Just a suggestion.

3 Likes

I can use foam longer, i.e. they are more comfortable. But for some reason they don’t last long with how I use them…I always tear them or they get all nasty too fast…to be fair…I mostly used foam tips for my workout IEMs… :laughing:

2 Likes

I must just be lucky I guess. Mine seem to last quite a while but then I am very, very careful at how I remove them. I don’t seem to produce ear wax either at least I’ve never had a problem it. I hardly ever clean inside my ears as there’s never anything there. I must be odd. The rest of my family, wife and kids are just earwax factories.:grin:

2 Likes

the larger foam was actually a great idea! It seems to stay in my ears better than the small ones! tysm for the suggestion!

2 Likes

That’s great news. I am glad that you were able to find a solution.

1 Like