Announcing the HEADPHONE Community Preview Program

community

The AudioQuest Dragonfly Black and iFi Audio Nano iDSD Black Label from this program are now in @DarthPool’s hands! I shall be most interested to see what he thinks of each of them … once he’s had proper time to listen and form an opinion.

For the others of you that have qualified for this program already, let myself, @andrew or @taronlissimore know if there’s something in the program you want to get your ears on and review.

Don’t think I qualify juuust yet, but when I do. I need to check out the iFi iDSD Micro Black Label! Never had more than 30mins alone with it lol

Hopefully it’ll still be relevant when I get there!

An to any one who hasn’t heard the LCD 4, it’s stunning! so @pwjazz you should likely go ahead and give it a listen man!! I was still happy with my little LCD 2s after hearing the 4 numerous times so don’t worry! But I will admit the Abyss AB-1266 Phi is also another brilliant sounding planar! It’s very different from the LCD 4 though

In the short time I’ve had with the iFi nano BL, I’m already thinking of picking one up as a travel buddy, or quick office setup. The Dragonfly Black is surprisingly powerful and good, but the iFi nano BL is for me just better. I’ll get some more listening time and do a more in depth write up. But as of right now with initial listening time between the two, I already know which is my personal preference.

Is there any way to tell how close you are to qualifying?

I also have this question. Also wondering if a review has to be it’s own thread since I’ve posted reviews buried in other review threads.

Click on your icon . Then the gear . and then your summary. It will show all of your participation. It is there you can see if you have completed the requirements as required in the how to qualify thread

No, a review doesn’t have to be posted in it’s own thread.

Major (or at least more substantial) reviews, of the sort that might feature on the main headphone.com page probably should be in their own threads (and if you’re thinking of writing something on this level, let me know and we can see about it being featured there).

Impressions or reviews of a more compact nature (750-1,000 words and/or without illustrations/pictures), are best put in the appropriate “official product” thread for the item in question.

As I find them, the best reviews will get added to the curated indexes in the “Review, Impressions & Article Indexes” category. Which is not to say that ALL reviews or impressions will necessarily get indexed there.

But if you’ve met the qualifications for “Core Team” membership (i.e. Trust-Level 3 or “Regular”), and have written at least one review, and haven’t been promoted to “Core Team” then ping me (with a link to the review).

Some new additions to the Preview Program gear list (master list remains in the first post):

• Audio Technica ATH-AD700X
  • Audio Technica ATH-AD900X
  • Audio Technica ATH-AD1000X

Some more new additions to the Preview Program gear list (master list remains in the first post)

• Campfire Audio Comet
  • Campfire Audio Orion
  • Campfire Audio Andromeda
  • FiiO FH1
  • Focal Elegia
  • Sennheiser HD 800S

One more new addition to the list (master list remains in the first post)

• Audeze LCD-X

Here is a pretty big update to the Review Program. Hopefully some of you will be able to join up soon as there is lots of great gear there! (master list remains in the first post).

• Audeze LCD-2 Closed-Back
  • Beyerdynamic DT1990
  • Beyerdynamic T5p
  • Final Audio E4000
  • Final Audio E5000
  • Final Audio F3100
  • Final Audio Sonorous III
  • Final Audio Sonorous VI
  • iFi Audio xCAN
  • iFi Audio xDSD
  • Noble Audio Django
  • Sennheiser HD 820

Maybe there could be cables to compare them to what we have and their differences via our impression.

Although many think there are no differences on cables, I can tell you when I got my Audeze Lcd4 there was a major difference between a couple pairs from my Lcd 2 s. It wasn’t even close. The newer cable that comes with the Lcd4. Much faster, more tansparent, and neutral. Many might sa it’s probably the placebo effect. Well, I’m here to tell you after 2 months they are definitely better. I couldn’t possibly think of using the others.

As always my ears the Supreme Judge of that for me.

Can I put my name down for the HD820? I’ve been wanting to review them…I’m still working on the Clear and Elegia impression review ideas but could go for a real review item to kick start my reviews again lol

Really appreciate what you’re doing here. This is awesome. I’m half way done with my written review of the Orion right now. Definitely looking forward to some of these items on the list in the future. Sorry for the slowness of it all - was really hoping to finish my review a little sooner but life gets in the way (a good way).

Definitely no need to apologize! There is not a time limit for reviews to be done. Its all about enjoying the gear! Most of the gear in the program will be pretty stable but some will go in and out as it gets replaced.

Alas, I’ll probably never achieve Core Team membership status. I use up my brain juice at work and don’t have the time and energy to write full product reviews.

We have added some DAPs to the community review program! (master list remains in the first post)

• Astell&Kern a&Norma SR15
  • Astell&Kern a&Ultima SP1000M
  • Astell&Kern KANN
  • FiiO X5 Mark III
  • Questyle QP2R

Excellent stuff!

Definitely looking forward to hearing the Astell&Kern a&Ultima SP1000M!

I picked up a very large box today…that I’m very excited to open…:grin:

Grado

Just wanted to post my latest review of the Focal Clears here. These were very kindly provided to me through the Community Preview Program. Link here.